Hi, I’m Tod Cordill, the proprietor of Moderno Strategies. I have a wide range of experiences and unique abilities that allow me to quickly determine business bottlenecks that impede profits and revenue growth.
Defined sales and marketing processes that provide a consistent customer experience can provide predictable revenue. Consistent small improvements are less risky and usually more effective than large projects that suck up time and resources. I help manufacturers and other B2B companies plan and implement sales and lead generation improvements.
Strategic Thinking Combined With Hands-On Implementation
As a business owner, I look at every action from a cost/benefit perspective. There are infinite ways to implement lead generation and sales programs.
The question isn’t:
What can we do?
The question is:
With our goals and our current situation, what should we do now? And then what?
I have a full understanding of modern sales and marketing practices from both strategic and hands-on perspectives.
I’ve defined, managed, and personally implemented:
- Sales and Marketing Digital Transformation Roadmap
- Customer Journey Discovery
- Websites, redesigns, and improvements – both the design and the technology.
- Content Strategy
- Email Marketing & Marketing Automation
- Search Engine Optimization: technical and organic
- Marketing Analytics
- Digital Advertising
- Direct Mail progams and print collateral
I have extensive experience with a variety of sales and marketing technologies. This allows me to best understand where you can make improvements, many of which I can quickly implement myself.
A Network of Specialists
You may have noticed that I mix “I” and “We” quite a bit.
I work independently when your task allows, and create a virtual team of colleagues when your need require specialization.
Depending on your needs… I’m a doer, a program manager, or a project manager. Or a coach.
Moderno Strategies has no payroll, allowing us to be 100% focused and adapt to your timelines and budget.
I have experienced partners that focus on:
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Content Strategy
- Informative Writing
- Response Writing
- Digital Advertising
If your needs are more specialized or can be better addressed by a specialized agency, I’ll let you know and provide recommendations.
What this means to you
My diverse abilities allow me to look at a high-level view of your customers’ journeys from initial awareness to revenue, as well as analyze each step of the way.
I can look at your business processes and determine, from both what you tell me as well as what the available data indicates, what is working and what isn’t.
Specifically, I can help with:
- Setting up and analyzing Google Analytics data.
- Review and implement Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Review and implement email marketing and marketing automation programs.
- Review your existing content and sales collateral and define where it fits in the customer journey, and find content gaps that are preventing leads from becoming customers.
What Makes Me Unique
You won’t find anyone else quite like me. My combination of business experience, education, high-level strategy development, and roll-up-the-sleeves-and-get-it-done implementation gives me the ability to see things in ways that few can.
Business Leadership and MBA
I understand finance, marketing, sales, and operations management. My experience includes:
- Managing cross-functional teams with over 20 employees
- Sales and customer support, negotiating multi-million dollar contracts and managing day-to-day customer relationships.
- P&L responsibilities in eCommerce and manufacturing companies
- Engineering and manufacturing manager
- Financial analysis to build business cases for new product lines.
Here are a few of the jobs I’ve held:
- General manager
- Product manager
- Research engineer
- Mechanical Design engineer
- Software Product designer
Engineering & Product Development
I spent three years at a major software company writing functional and user interface specifications that defined customer experiences. I can map complex customer journeys as well as optimize conversion rates each step of the way.
My engineering education and work experience taught me how to break seemingly big problems or projects into little steps that can be prioritized and implemented.
Sales & Marketing Software Implementation
Since I’ve developed complex software products, selecting and implementing software services comes pretty easy.
Entrepreneurship and Risk Taking
I’ve always taken calculated risks. I started my first company as I was finishing high school, when there wasn’t much to lose. Later in my career I took on undefined projects that entailed some career risk, but with proper management had no material risk to the company. I’ve even sailed from Oregon to New Zealand in a sailboat with my family. Calculated risks.